ctrl-c to windows program causes mintty to hang [1.7.20 / win7]

All,

Steps:
- Open mintty
- Run a Windows program like c:\windows\system32\ping.exe
- While the Windows program is running, press ctrl-c

Result:
- Windows program exits (disappears from task manager)
- mintty hangs

mintty's state in ps then appears as O ("waiting to output to a TTY").
It does not respond to keyboard, mouse, or kill -9. It can be closed
via task manager.

Sending ctrl-c to Cygwin programs does not exhibit this problem. This
behavior is new for me under 1.7.20. I have rebooted since updating
Cygwin to no effect. Cygcheck output attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeremy Hetzler