Re: BUG: Ability to access nonexistent directories

On 5/21/2013 2:18 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:07:03AM +0400, Fedin Pavel wrote:
Not to discourage you but there will be a fairly low tolerance for much
of a complexity change or almost any performance degradation.  Cygwin's
performance is a regular source of complaints on this list (and
elsewhere).

By the way... Right now i'm testing 64-bit Cygwin, and it appears to be
significantly faster. I wonder, did you do anything special to achieve this
? Or does this mean just that 32-bit API on 64-bit Windows is slow ?

The 64-bit port employed fewer hippos.  As it turns out, they were terrible
coders.

And hippos aside (I think we all know how difficult it is to do that!), 64-bit proggies on 64-bit CPUs are supposed to be a little zippier anyway.

--
Larry