Re: Cygwin manpages clobbered

On May 10 11:13, Warren Young wrote:
> On 5/10/2013 08:31, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >
> >I don't know what Corinna's return has to do with this.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2013-q2/msg00011.html
>
> The open question is whether we're going to switch all the DOCTOOL
> tags and *.sgml in winsup/cygwin to Doxygen, or keep it as DocBook
> but move it all to winsup/doc.
>
> I can do it either way.  I just think Doxygen gets us more with less
> effort.  (DocBook is still the way to go for prose-heavy documents
> like the Cygwin FAQ and user manual.)
>
> One Doxygen advantage I haven't mentioned yet: the most basic sort
> of Doxygen comments on the POSIX interfaces would get Cygwin a set
> of basic man2 pages for cheap.

Here's what I need:  Show me a doxygen example of a former docbook
man page.  I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into.

And what about the fact that the man pages for the Cygwin commands
are also embedded into the user manual.  Will that still work?

If that looks fine, I have no problem, but right now I tend to stick
to docbook so I only have a single layout to write any Cygwin docs...

Other than that, if you take over cygwin-docs, I'm happy for cgf, but
I have nothing to do with this decision :)

Corinna

Red Hat