Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: expat 2.1.0-1

On 4/11/2013 14:38, Dave Korn wrote:

   The static archive /usr/lib/libexpat.a was present in 2.0.1-1(*) and is
missing in 2.1.0-1(**), was that intentional?

I think I got that, um, "feature" for free when I converted to cygport for that package. Someone is passing --disable-static to the configure script, and it isn't me.

I've fixed this with CYGCONF_ARGS="--enable-static" The static library does now appear in the -devel package.

The .a is about 3x the size of the .dll. Is that normal, or am I supposed to be stripping the .a before packaging it?

Does someone actually want this static library? I'm going to RFU it anyway, since I've gone to the trouble of fixing it, but I was curious if it actually mattered to someone.