Re: Debugging totally broken with latest everything?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 05:03:17PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>  Some notes on the above:
>
>  The same happens with both the previous version and current snapshot of the
>cygwin dll.  It also happens with both current gdb and an old gdb
>6.8.0.20080328-cvs that I have lying around.
>
>  The hw.exe in question is your bog-standard hello world, compiled with "-g
>-O0" using gcc4-4.5.3-3.
>
>  "kill -9" won't kill gdb; I have to use Windows task manager.  If I've
>attached gdb to the hung gdb, I can kill it from there using the "k" instruction.
>
>  Anyone else having similar problems?

You're probably seeing a known bug in gdb where it no longer works well
when run from a console window.  There is a race where gdb tries to get
tty information from a stopped cygwin process.  Although I didn't
introduce the problem, I have tried to fix it from time to time without
much luck.

Debugging from mintty will probably work better.

cgf