Re: Regardless it is cygwin related

Please don't top post.

On 2013-04-04 13:03, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:
> I did not ask for native widows programming advice any more than cygwin uses win32-api.
> cygwin distributes the header files and I simply asked about linking, which is exactly what cygwin built programs do.
>
> I appreciate Corinna's providing a url to a possible point of source and which did response to my question about how we can get through, hopefully using cygwin as a gateway.  I also, explicity stated that I did not want to have to use bios or direct windows unless there as no cygwin gateway API, but there must be else the c output and getchar functions would never work.
>
> cygwin should offer the ability for build programs can perform simple i.e., if you would give a cygwin specific method of outputing a character that doesn't involve c libs that would be fine and was also my main question and is related to cygwin.
>
> The c library used by all programs goes there a cygwin interface to output and input date, I just want to know how I can use that interface directly.

You do not seem to understand what Cygwin is and what it isn't.
Cygwin is a dll that contains a C library. So, since you seek
to bypass the C library, you will by that action also, by
design, bypass Cygwin completely. There is no way to only use
the "backend" of Cygwin (whatever that would be as it doesn't
exist as such), you have to go through the C library to use the
Cygwin dll.

Cheers,
Peter