problems with COM running native win32 applications through cygwin's bash

All,

We are having difficulties running various windows utilities through
bash. Through a regular windows cmd, one can run commands like
diskshadow without issue, but with bash, we are having problems with
COM calls not working. We have posted an example below.

Is there a good bug tracking system where we could report this and/or
track this? And - does anyone have a decent workaround?

Thanks much for any info,

Ed

Example below:

-----
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\Administrator> diskshadow
    Microsoft DiskShadow version 1.0
    Copyright (C) 2007 Microsoft Corporation
    On computer:  MAIN-CS182,  3/14/2013 9:00:40 PM

    DISKSHADOW> list shadows all

    Querying all shadow copies on the computer ...
    No shadow copies found in system.
----

However, through bash, one gets output like:

----

    Administrator@chief-cs43 ~
    $ diskshadow

    Microsoft DiskShadow version 1.0
    Copyright (C) 2007 Microsoft Corporation
    On computer:  CHIEF-CS43,  3/15/2013 4:54:24 AM

    DISKSHADOW> list shadows all

    Querying all shadow copies on the computer ...

    COM call "(*vssObject)->InitializeForBackup" failed.

    The last operation failed.
        - Returned HRESULT: 80042302
        - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED

DISKSHADOW>