Re: Shouldn't gcc-4 depend on libmpfr4 ?

On 3/2/2013 9:38 AM, Csaba Raduly wrote:
Hi all,
I installed cygwin on a new machine and running gcc failed with

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.3/cc1.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: cygmpfr-4.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

[cut]

This appears to be due to the fact that gcc4-core depends on both libmpfr1 and libmpfr4, but only libmpfr1 is listed as a dependency in setup.ini:

@ gcc4-core
sdesc: "Core C compiler subpackage"
category: Devel
requires: alternatives binutils w32api libgcc1 libgomp1 libssp0
libffi4 libgmp3 libintl8 libmpfr1 libcloog0 libmpc1 libppl
_update-info-dir
version: 4.5.3-3

Installing libmpfr4 fixed the problem, but shouldn't this be automatic?

should be libmpfr4 instead of libmpfr1.

I guess it was an error introduced be the upload of the new test
 gcc-4.7.2

Csaba

Marco