Re: Rebase problems in Ruby

On 2/25/2013 12:17 AM, Chloe wrote:
I'm trying to run 'rails console' in an app with many, many gems (not a test
app) and it is giving me these errors. I've already tried to run 'rebaseall'
with ash and I also ran 'rubyrebase' using a script I found on this list
archive. Neither helped. I've tried several times. 'cygcheck -c' says
everything's OK. These are the errors I'm getting:

$ rails console
       2 [main] ruby 4216 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpixman-1-0.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x692B0000) != child(0x17A0000)

So where are these gems coming from and how many are there? Too many/ones from unknown places are going to be either missed by 'rubyrebase' or be impossible to fit in memory without collision with other installed DLLs. See this thread for more discussion of this:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-01/msg00317.html>

--
Larry