WG: Strange output from Win32::PerfLib

Hi,

we do CPU load reporting with Win32::PerfLib - and we assume some problems with cygwins Win32::PerfLib.

1. As Demo script, I used
http://www.jkrb.de/jmk/showsource.asp?f=data/scripts/processor.pl

2. We can reproduce this on Windows2008R2 and XP (no other Windows versions available for testing).

3. What is our problem:
With cygwin-perl, we always see 100% cpu load on all cores.

If running processor.pl, this looks like:

ActiveState-Perl:
>EigeneProgramme\Perl\bin\perl.exe tmp/processor.pl
Instance 4: 2.19%
Instance 1: 0.63%
Instance 3: 0.63%
Instance 2: 3.44%

Cygwin:
$ perl processor.pl
Instance 4: 100.00%
Instance 1: 100.00%
Instance 3: 100.00%
Instance 2: 100.00%

(the values on ActiveState-Perl seems reasonable).

I looked through the output of Win32::PerfLib::GetObjectList and I see for some counters differences:

ActiveState:
'8' => {
                                                                                       'DefaultScale' => 0,
                                                                                       'Display' => '%',
                                                                                       'CounterType' => 542180608,
                                                                                       'Counter' => '6478914531250',
                                                                                       'CounterNameTitleIndex' => 1746,
                                                                                       'CounterSize' => 8,
                                                                                       'CounterHelpTitleIndex' => 1747,
                                                                                       'DetailLevel' => 400
                                                                                     },

Cygwin:
                                                                             '8' => {
                                                                                       'DefaultScale' => 0,
                                                                                       'Display' => '%',
                                                                                       'CounterType' => 542180608,
                                                                                       'Counter' => 'I64d',
                                                                                       'CounterNameTitleIndex' => 1746,
                                                                                       'CounterSize' => 8,
                                                                                       'CounterHelpTitleIndex' => 1747,
                                                                                       'DetailLevel' => 400
                                                                                     },

Look at "Counter => I64d" on cygwin. Maybe we have some issue with 64bit values (this is just a guess...)

Any ideas about that ?

Uli