Re: Cygwin gvim needs weird ritual to past from Windows clipboard

> Yes, I tried it for both PC-based gvim and Cygwin gvim on X11.  Both
> work.  However, at the time, clicking middle button also worked in
> pasting into gvim.  I will have to try again when middle button
> doesn't work.

OK - I only use the normal GVim commands for yanking/putting using the
star buffer.  I've never tried using a middle-click for that.  Of
course, in the Cygwin window I use a left-click for "copy" and a
middle-click for "paste".

> I have a gut feeling about a possible cause.  I find myself frequently
> exasperated that the input keyboard changed from US to US -
> International (which I use, but I want to use it only when I choose).
> This random switch happens even though I disabled all hot keys for
> keyboard language switching.  No amount of fuddling switches it back
> sometimes, so I end up rebooting.  What an unbelievable pain.

I'm afraid I haven't tried Windoze using a different keyboard or
language setting.  Sounds like quite a PITA.  :(

Alan Thompson