Re: sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

On 08/01/2013 21:31, Warren Young wrote:
I guess I shouldn't have moved this discussion to Cygwin-Apps, since it's been greeted by crickets for the past 10 days.

I'm not sure if this is of any use or not, but I did a little testing with your new sqlite3 package over the Christmas break. I wanted to rebuild Subversion 1.7.8 and run a few tests. Rebuilding Subversion was quite straightforward, but I ran into a problem invoking Subversion's built-in tests with 'cygport check'.

The tests ran for a few hours (say 3 or 4), but eventually appeared to "lock up" when running the autoprop tests with FS_TYPE=bdb. By "lock up" I mean that the test appeared to freeze - there was no CPU activity, and 'cygport check' did not return to the command prompt. However, if you look at the test logs then it reports that the test was 'Interrupted', although it is not clear by what.

I rebuilt Subversion from clean (again with the test sqlite3 package) and ran the tests a second time with an absolutely identical result - the test froze in the middle of the autoprop tests.

The reason that I didn't report this immediately was that I couldn't be sure that this was necessarily anything to do with your sqlite package. As a control test, I rebuilt Subversion with the current sqlite3 package (3.7.13-1) and ran the tests as before. This time the Subversion tests ran for longer (more than 12 hours) before getting a succession of failures.

At this point I ran out of time for testing, and had too many variables to make sense of my findings. However, I have attached the test logs from my test using the new sqlite3 build (the one that froze in the autoprop tests) in case that is of any use to anyone.

Cheers,

Dave.