Rebuilding make

Hello!

I want to try my hands on improving 'make' performance by switching from fork() to spawn(). Actually, the code is already there, under #ifdef __EMX__, waiting to be reused. However i have some problems rebuilding it:
1. doc/fdl.texi and doc/make-stds.texi files are missing from the archive.
2. configure seems to incorrectly determine HAVE_DOS_PATHS as true. This breaks $abspath() function.

I solved (1) by adding these files from the original UNIX archive. Of course i can solve (2) by tweaking config/dospaths.m4, however perhaps i don't know something ? How do you build make ?

--
 Kind regards
 Pavel Fedin