Re: cygwin make fails when calling mkdir in Windows 7

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM, David Stacey wrote:
> On 03/01/13 22:49, Warren Young wrote:
>>
>> If this were affecting everyone, you'd be seeing a lot of yelling on this
>> list.  (More than normal I mean. :) )  Those of us who maintain Cygwin
>> packages would all be affected, for instance.
>

> I may have run into this problem earlier in the week - I wanted to rebuild
> Subversion to test Warren's latest sqlite3 build. I had 'make' fail a couple
> of times when creating directories, but didn't give it too much thought - I
> just put it down to anti-virus software getting in the way.

Word of caution: Anti-virus software can cause ill results during the
configure process if it is opening files as they are being created to
scan them.  You should tell the anti-virus software to ignore your
work directory.  I myself have a NAT disk that I tell my anti-virus to
not scan that disk during the automated scan.

> BTW, I was running good old 32-bit WinXP Pro SP3.

It doesn't matter which OS, the anti-virus is a bad thing for
configure and make.

--
Earnie