Re: OpenSSH, Windows 2000, cygrunsrv 1.0

On 9/19/2012 7:56 AM, Andre Rothe wrote:
Hi,

I have to use an outdated system with Windows 2000 Server and an OpenSSH service
on it. It uses OpenSSH 3.8.1p1-1 for Windows, which uses a Cygwin server v1.0 or
something.

The problem:

I try to mount a windows network share on the Cygwin server to use it as home of
the ssh users. In the registry I have defined a new mountpoint /transfer with a
native key Z:\data

Z: is a windows network share which is connected by a remote user account. The
OpenSSH service runs as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, I have mapped the drive Z as SYSTEM
user (with a scheduled task, which runs as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, just before I
start the OpenSSH service with net start).

But I cannot access the mountpoint (it is not available), every SSH user gets an
error and the current path is /.

How I can change the settings to get access to the drive? Please hold in your
head, that I must use Windows 2000.

Have you seen this FAQ?

<http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.shares>

You've created a mapped drive for the SYSTEM account but just like any other
user account, these aren't really accessible to all users.  While the FAQ
points to the Users Guide that has lots of info and options for configuring
access, you may find you can get by with connecting to the network share
you want as part of the login script for each user.

--
Larry