Re: Problem during C source code compilation

On 09/06/2012 11:06 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:> On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 18:38 -0300, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
>> Reading the BLODA I identified at least two other apps that might
>> interfere with Cygwin, namely Comodo Firewall and McAfee antivirus.
>> And unfortunately I need those guys 'cause I'm connected to an
>> university network and I'm not so sure about its safety.
>
> You need *a* firewall and *an* antivirus, but not necessarily *those*
> specific products. If you're serious about using Cygwin, you'll want to
> find alternatives that aren't BLODA.

You are right on spot as for that, but unfortunately Zone Alarm (my
2nd firewall option) is also BLODA.  I can easily live without McAfee
(and I'm seriously decided to replace it by another non-BLODA product),
but really good, *non-leaky* firewalls aren't that easy to find.  I
will see what I can do.

Thanks to everyone for all the help provided.

F.