Re: cygport (0.11.0): Installing dll's into perl site directories (not /usr/bin)

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL !

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 10:21 +1000, Mark O'Keefe wrote:
> I'm trying to use cygport to package up DLL's that are used as part
> of a set of perl packages.

Being vague doesn't help us help you.  Telling us what package you're
trying to build, and attaching your (draft) .cygport files, does.

> The place that these are meant to be installed is under the perl site

Cygwin packages should install Perl modules into vendor_perl
(PERL_VENDORLIB and PERL_VENDORARCH in cygport terms).

> Currently what happens is libtool munges the path to ../bin.  If I
> don't use cygport to do the installation, this means that the DLL's
> are installed into:  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/<version>/auto/<package>/bin
> This doesn't work as this location is not in the search path for
> perl's DynaLoader.
>
> When you add cygport to the equation the files end up in:  /usr/bin
> Again, this doesn't work as this isn't in the load path.

This means "-module" is missing from the *_la_LDFLAGS for these
module(s).  You'll need to patch the affected Makefile.am file(s) and
restart the build to fix this.

Yaakov