Re: Non-interactive SSH connection fails - error: can't open /dev/tty: No such device or address - Host key verification failed

> Tried the debug launch, this is the log for a failed connection:
> http://pastebin.com/3WyrhdXq
> So it looks like the client is closing the connection (I think). It
> seems it cannot find /dev/tty, even though it is there and it has the
> rights to access it.
>
> What I find very strange is that there's a different behavior from the
> command line and when launched from an application. The command is
> exactly the same :(

I found the root cause. The Jenkins launcher was launched using
SYSTEM. This system user doesn't have a console, and its home folder
is /.
So the public key authentication could not work :(
As always, the logs were pointing in the right direction: /.ssh/id_rsa
type -1 -> notice the missing ~ or /home/myuser :(

Thanks for the help,