1.7.16: problem with CTRL+C and CTRL+Z

Hi Cygwin List,

I've read some messages on this topic, but haven't been able to find a resolution to my problem.

Here's what I'm doing at the bash prompt:

$ /c/Windows/system32/ping.exe -t cygwin.com

The result is an endless ping trace - as expected.

The problem is that I have no way of stopping this command. Here is what I've tried:
1) CTRL+C: does nothing
2) CTRL+Z: does nothing
3) CTRL+Break: Prints the text "Control-Break" in the output, but doesn't exit the ping process (expected, since it behaves the same way when running under cmd.exe).

I would expect CTRL+C to stop the process (the way it does when running under cmd.exe).

I would also expect CTRL+Z to suspend the process, so that I could then manage it with "bg" and "fg".

I first noticed something was weird because when I upgraded cygwin CTRL+C stopped working (i.e. had no effect) when pressed in the middle of an "msbuild.exe" run. Previously, this caused msbuild to stop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob.