Re: Which version of cygwin 'rock solid'

On 08/17/2012 04:13 PM, Devin Nate wrote:
> My question, of the Cygwin users (or developers), which version would you select if your goal was maximum stability?

If I were worried about maximum stability, I would buy a Red Hat support
contract rather than relying on upstream cygwin.  (For that matter, if
you get cygwin1.dll from Red Hat, it will be 1.even.x, instead of the
cygwin.com 1.odd.x numbering scheme).

Reading http://cygwin.com/licensing.html links you to:
https://www.redhat.com/services/custom/cygwin/

[In actuality, my own use of Windows is NOT mission critical, so I have
no personal experience with how a Red Hat support contract works.  And
an obligatory disclaimer: even though my email address is at redhat.com,
my day job is in a different department and my work on cygwin is on my
personal time]