Re: Question about UAC and bash/cygwin

On 8/15/2012 5:39 AM, Lord Laraby wrote:

<snip>

Sorry if the questions are a bit too numerous. I wish I could just
siphon knowledge from Corinna's brain.:)

Then that would leave her with none!

Probably the key point that you're stumbling over is the fact that
when you're elevating your user's privileges, you're not changing
from that user to 'root' but rather just enabling privileges the user
is allowed to use.  'whoami' will not change.  This is a difference
between Windows and Unix/Linux security models.

--
Larry