Re: Race condition that leads to random crashes in cygwin-based builds.

Please, don't http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

On Aug  6 19:31, Andrey Khalyavin wrote:
> 2012/8/6 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Andrey?

> >> There's another way, afaics.  The idea here was that wincap is only
> >> ever set once, and even *if* the information is written twice, the
> >> content will be identical.
> >>
> >> So, afaics, the above problem is a result of using memset at all.  At
> >> startup, wincap is all 0 anyway, so the memset is not required and
> >> apparently it even hurts.  Weird that nobody saw this problem before.
> >>
> >> I applied a patch which should fix this problem.  Please give the
> >> next developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ a try,
> >> or build yourself from CVS.
> >
> > Ping?  Any feedback?  Did you ever try a snapshot?
>
> I updated our cygwin with core libraries from 20120725 snapshot. There
> are still crashes in our build, I'm investigating them. Haven't got a
> crash dump yet. This time I have to catch them on the bots instead of
> local computer.

Please use the *latest* snapshot from CVS, 20120803.  There were other
potential reasons for crashes which only have been (tried to) fix in
the latest snapshot.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat