Re: cygheap base mismatch detected

On 7/18/2012 11:38 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Odd. Somebody seems to have put something in my Views directory - a
directory I normally use for Clearcase views. But what's in there is not a
Clearcase view! And it contained several cygwin1.dll's. So I blew it way.
Sorry for the confusion...
IIRC, Clearcase is one of the vendors that distributes a proprietary
licensed version of the Cygwin DLL.  If I'm correct it would be
intentional and the correct action to have taken would be to remove
the Clearcase directory from PATH.
Having working with Clearcase software since ~94 I can insure you that Clearcase is 1) not a vendor (it's a product from IBM/Rational now, Rational Software before, Pure Software before and Atria initially, derived from Apollo Workstation's DSEE) and 2) does not distribute any copies of Cygwin anything...

When I said "my Views directory" I meant a directory named Views that I created and shared to put my Clearcase views in. It isn't even a directory that comes as a result of installing Clearcase nor is it in the PATH.

No, something else happened... I assure you.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.