Re: Differences between C++ 'new' operator and 'malloc()' (NOT a C/C++ question)

Ryan Johnson wrote:
> On 13/07/2012 4:25 AM, Al Slater wrote:

>>> Thanks for testing.
>>>
>>> I removed your test results (and the other stuff) from this message,
>>> not
>>> because I'm not interested into, but because I have a new problem,
>>> which
>>> prevents me to investigate further the original problem in the light of
>>> your test results.
>>>
>>> Since my last testings, I updated Cygwin, the JDK and the JRE. So, my
>>> current configuration is now :
>>>
>>> Windows Vista 32 bits SP2
>>> Cygwin 1.7.15
>>> g++ 4.5.3
>>> javac 1.7.0_05
>>> javah 1.7.0_05
>>> java 1.7.0_05
>>>
>>> When running the test case, I now have :
>>>
>>> $ java jcmc
>>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: H:\cvs\epeios\bugs\jcmc\jcmc.dll:
>>> L'accÃ?s
>>> Ã? cet emplacement de la mÃ?moire n'est pas valide
>>>          at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>>>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
>>>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>>          at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>>          at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>>          at jcmc.main(jcmc.java:9)
>>>
>>> There is a French message which roughly means "The access to this
>>> memory
>>> location is not valid"
>>>
>>> I updated the test case to reflect your changes :
>>>     - 'Makefile' now generates the '.h' file,
>>>     - 'Makefile' does no more contain the '--stdcall-alias' linker
>>> flag,
>>>     - the '.cpp' contains now the `extern "C"' directive,
>>>     - the '.h' is removed from test case, since it's now generated by
>>> the
>>> 'Makefiile'.
>>>
>>> I have the new error message with this modified test case, but also
>>> with
>>> the original one. I suspect that the French error message is issued by
>>> Cygwin or by one of its sub-component, since the JVM never issued a
>>> message which wasn't in English, but Cygwin did.
>>>
>>> So, I have to postpone the study of the 'malloc()' related bug until I
>>> manage to resolve this new issue ; I then come back to your test
>>> results.
>>> But, meanwhile, if someone has an idea why I have this new error...
>>>
>>> Here again the address where the test case can be found :
>>>     http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/epeios/bugs/jcmc/?root=epeios
>>>

>> Does
>> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.programming.html#faq.programming.msvs-mingw
>> provide any help?
>>

> Or, just use mingw-gcc, like I suggested before:
>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -c -g
>> -Ijdk/include -Ijdk/include/win32 "-D__int64=long long"  jcmc.cpp
>>
>> [...snip...]
>> Mingw is a windows-targeted cross compiler that runs under cygwin but
> [...]

Thanks! This is what I finally, and successfully, did. I updated the test
case accordingly.

However, I would like to use the Cygwin 'default' compiler, because this
one is used more often as the 'MinGW' one and especially because I had to
do some tweaks. I had to install the 'libcgj11' package (not a big deal),
but also :
	- to copy '/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll' in
'/bin'
	- in '/bin', to make a copy of 'cyggcj-11.dll' and name it 'libgcj-11.dll'.

Quite awful, isnt't it ? But without that, I didn't manage to make my
component to be loaded.

--
Claude SIMON
http://zeusw.org/