libsqlite3-ruby

The libsqlite3-ruby package does not appear to be in the current package manager. Is this available for cygwin? If not, is there a workaround to install of build it locally? I have tried installing it with gem, but I don't appear to have gem, or there is something wrong with the configuration.

gem install sqlite3-ruby

gives,
-bash: gem: command not found

I see allot of posts about this, but some of them go back to 2007, so I'm not sure about the current state of things. I don't have ruby windows installed, just the cygwin version, and am still using gcc 3.

Thanks,

LMH