cygwin: not administrator account?

experts:
I run into an account priviledge issue here when I tried to setup ssh server in cygwin.
I don't remember I ever ran into this previously in winXP.
so this is in my win7 HE.
looks I can't ping anything and can't proceed with sshd activation.
but from control panel I'm sure I'm administrator (I'm the only user in this new laptop so far).
please advice. I'm not sure how I can work with it w/o an ssh server ...
thanks in advance.

================captures=======================

$ ping 127.0.0.1
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

ping@ping-new-laptop ~
$ ssh-host-config

*** Warning: Running this script typically requires administrator privileges!
*** Warning: However, it seems your account does not have these privileges.
*** Warning: Here's the list of groups in your user token:

    None
    Users

*** Warning: This usually means you're running this script from a non-admin
*** Warning: desktop session, or in a non-elevated shell under UAC control.

*** Warning: Make sure you have the appropriate privileges right now,
*** Warning: otherwise parts of this script will probably fail!

*** Query: Are you sure you want to continue?  (Say "no" if you're not sure
*** Query: you have the required privileges) (yes/no)

ping@ping-new-laptop ~
$ su
su: user root does not exist

ping@ping-new-laptop ~