Re: Built perl 5.6.2 on Cygwin 1.7.11, but get SIGABRT from resulting perl.exe

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Nicholas DiPiazza  wrote:
> I'm getting a SIGABRT when running a perl 5.6.2 that i built on cygwin
> 1.7.11.
>
> See ldd from a working perl 5.10 http://pastebin.com/ytjVYg4F versus my
> broken perl 5.6.2 http://pastebin.com/YXZ29NG6.
>
> I turned on -DDEBUGGING on the ./Configure script. Here is the gdb backtrace
> I have:
>
> http://paste.scsys.co.uk/201064
>
> Are there libraries missing? What's going on here?

Looks like a failing rebase on an incredibly low address 0xa70000.
Try rebaseall.

And then maybe a
$ perlrebase 5.6.2
But it rather looks like a system dll. libz.dll maybe.
Note: The argument 5.6.2 to find your right executable suffix

>From my experience only lib/File/Find.pm from a newer perl is required (I
took 5.8.1), otherwise you not be able to installe other modules
because the are not found.

I usually install old stuff with App::perlall and/or Devel::PatchPerl
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/ ? http://www.perl-compiler.org/