Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package: python-2.6.8-1

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:52:13AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> New News:
> === ====
> I have updated the version of Python to 2.6.8-1.  The tarballs should
> be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
>
> The following are the changes since the previous release:
>
>     o upgrade to Python 2.6.8

The Python expat shared extension module, pyexpat, failed to build
cleanly when I created the above package.  Unfortunately, the Python
build does not stop when a shared extension module fails to build, so I
didn't notice this issue until today.

If you use pyexpat, then you will need to revert to 2.6.7-1 until this
problem is resolved.

I tracked the problem down to the following:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-April/119051.html

I verified that the problem can be resolved by upgrading expat from
2.0.1 to 2.1.0 by building Python 2.6.8 against a locally built expat
2.1.0.

Can the Cygwin expat maintainer please release expat 2.1.0 at his/her
earliest convenience?  I will release Python 2.6.8-2 as soon as possible
after expat is updated.

Thanks,
Jason