Problem with binary installation of cppunit 1.12.1-2 with setup.exe version 2.774

Hello All,

I updated my cygwin installation using setup.exe version 2.774, and I
included the binary?distribution?of the cppunit package (cygwin
package version?1.12.1-2). I wrote compiled and built a simple unit
test program using G++ (cygwin package version 3.4.4-999). After
building and running the unit testing program, program gives the
following message (in summary):

                             terminate called after throwing an
instance of 'CppUnit::Exception'

This is not correct. The CppUnit framework should catch all CppUnit
exceptions and report them as unit test failures.

Next, I copied the source code package (using setup.exe). Then, I
un-compressed the tarball, and I built and installed the cppunit
package over the top of the binary distribution (using ./configure,
make, make check, make install). I re-built my simple unit testing
program, and I get the output:

$ ./a.exe
.F

!!!FAILURES!!!
Test Results:
Run:? 1?? Failures: 1?? Errors: 0

1) test: MyUnitTests::test1 (F) line: 29 testme.cpp
forced failure
- This is a failure.

This is the expected output of this unit test.

I have attached the simple unit test example and my cygcheck output
file for your reference.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

#include <cppunit/extensions/TestFactoryRegistry.h>
#include <cppunit/ui/text/TestRunner.h>
#include <cppunit/TestFixture.h>
#include <cppunit/extensions/HelperMacros.h>

class MyUnitTests : public CppUnit::TestFixture {

	CPPUNIT_TEST_SUITE( MyUnitTests );
	CPPUNIT_TEST( test1 );
	CPPUNIT_TEST_SUITE_END();

public:
	MyUnitTests() {}
	virtual ~MyUnitTests() {}

	void setUp() {
	}

	void tearDown() {
	}

	void test1(void) {

		CPPUNIT_FAIL("This is a failure.");

	}

};

CPPUNIT_TEST_SUITE_REGISTRATION( MyUnitTests );

int main( int argc, char **argv)
{
  CppUnit::TextUi::TestRunner runner;
  CppUnit::TestFactoryRegistry &registry = CppUnit::TestFactoryRegistry::getRegistry();
  runner.addTest( registry.makeTest() );
  bool wasSuccessful = runner.run( "", false );
  if (wasSuccessful)
  	  return 0;
  else
	  return 1;