Re: Performance problems with emacs-X11 in current cygwin

On 6/3/2012 5:08 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-06-02 14:02, Ken Brown wrote:
I hope someone (Yaakov?) will take a look at the glib changes between
2.30.2 and 2.32.2 and try to find the cause of this problem.

I keep seeing XP in this thread. If this is affecting only XP and not other versions of Windows, then it would be a bug in either Cygwin or xorg-server, not glib. I, for one, do not have XP handy.

It happens on XP but not Windows 7. I don't know about other versions.

I wasn't suggesting that this is necessarily a glib bug, just that some change in glib triggered the problem. If we could pin down which change that was, it would be easier to get the bug fixed, wherever it is.

I'll try to do some bisection as I have time. But you're familiar with glib and I'm not, so maybe you could look over the changes and see if you spot anything suspicious. Also, I'm confused about the various branches that I see in the git repository. There seems to be current development on the 2-30 branch, the 2-31 branch, and the 2-32 branch. If I find that the problem still exists at the beginning of the 2-32 branch, how do I go backwards from there?

I've also never worked with git before, so I'd appreciate some advice (or a cygport file?) that would help with the bisection.

Thanks.

Ken