Re: mkshortcut seems to not work correctly recently...

Charles Wilson wrote:
On 5/10/2012 8:06 PM, John Refling wrote:

It seems that mkshortcut is failing as of the last few weeks (when I did an
upgrade to latest Cygwin). Upgrade as of today shows the same problems. I
have scripts that use mkshortcut that have not changed in a long time, which
worked before, and now do not.

Does reverting to cygutils-1.4.8 fix the problem?

--
Chuck

While I am not the OP for this thread, reverting to cygutils-1.4.8-1 *does* resolve the issues I had reported at the thread below:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2012-05/msg00003.html

(For the rationale of the (attached) X-start-menu-icons.log, one must refer to the aforementioned thread. I apologize for any confusion, but I feel this issue is related to my other post.)

Regards,
Ken