Re: 'cmd /C start cmd' no longer non-blocking (base-cygwin 3.1-1), but used to work (in base-cygwin 3.0-1)

Greetings, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]!

> Question #1:

> Why not use cygstart?

> The only reason I ever use cmd /c start is to use the /wait option of start,
> which is exactly not what you want.  (Indeed, I wouldn't mind it if a --wait
> option was added to cygstart.  Hint.  Hint.)

> Question #1.1:

> Are you using the /wait option of cmd /c start?

> Question #2:

> Is there a reason that cygstart wasn't suggested earlier?

> (That's not intended as a criticism.  I just want to know why in case there
> was one.)

For non-interactive process it's an overkill, IMO.
run.exe has sufficient amount of features.
But, I think, it's more a problem of expected behavior vs. choice of tools.

The behavior expected was achievable, but not using the chosen tools.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...