Re: [bug] elf.h incomplete

On 03.05.2012 17:34, Ryan Johnson wrote:
I've also run in to this problem, though in my case I just fired up a VM to work around it... I needed the VM anyway to actually run the newly-built kernel. That said, it would be nice to be able to build on the host and just scp the new vmlinuz across...

I found using VM too uncomfortable and limiting, this is why i switched to Cygwin. I have real ARM HW here to actually run the built code. And Cygwin NFS server helps a lot with this.

BTW, libelf.h has all the #defines, but it only #includes them if it doesn't find an elf.h, which Cygwin has.

There's Cygwin package. But i checked it, it doesn't have reloc definitions either. So:
a) Not an option anyway.
b) Completing system-wide elf.h would solve all problems at once, and increase compatibility. Anyway Cygwin's aim is to be as close to UNIX environment as possible, to make things working out of the box. Or am i wrong here ?

--
 Kind regards
 Pavel Fedin