cygwin 1.7.13-1: can't execute shell scripts on samba share

I'm can't execute shell scripts on a samba share served by our linux boxes.

lgiambro@lorien //kitserver/kits
$ ls -la len.sh
-rwx------ 1 lgiambro releng 24 Apr 18 10:48 len.sh

lgiambro@lorien //kitserver/kits
$ cat len.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo it works

lgiambro@lorien //kitserver/kits
$ ./len.sh
-bash: ./len.sh: Permission denied

I can execute a .bat file from a cmd window just fine, so this makes me think this might be a Cygwin issue.
(If it's not an equivalent or good test, please let me know a better one).

getfacl says:

lgiambro@lorien //kitserver/kits
$ getfacl len.sh
# file: len.sh
# owner: lgiambro
# group: releng
user::rwx
group::---
mask:rwx
other:---

cacls says its executable:

lgiambro@lorien //kitserver/kits
$ cacls len.sh
\\kitserver\kits\len.sh <Account Domain not found>(special access:)
                                                  READ_CONTROL
                                                  WRITE_DAC
                                                  WRITE_OWNER
                                                  SYNCHRONIZE
                                                  FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                                  FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                                                  FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE
                                                  FILE_READ_DATA
                                                  FILE_WRITE_DATA
                                                  FILE_APPEND_DATA
                                                  FILE_READ_EA
                                                  FILE_WRITE_EA
                                                  FILE_EXECUTE
                                                  FILE_DELETE_CHILD
                                                  FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                                                  FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

                        <Account Domain not found>(special access:)

                        Everyone:(special access:)

What else can/should I look for?  Any help would be appreciated.

-Len