Re: cygwin-ports git access over http?

Yaakov (Cygwin/X <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> On 2012-03-29 00:36, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > I'm behind a firewall at work that only allows HTTP access through, so
> > is there a way clone cygwin-ports over HTTP?  If not, is there already a
> > Git mirror that provides such access?
>
> I'm afraid not; Sourceforge does not provide that as an option.

Rats ... and nobody seems to have cloned to repo.or.cz or github yet.

> > I can clone the individual projects one by one, though.  Obviously it
> > would be much nicer if there was a superproject to clone that had those
> > already added as subprojects...
>
> Given the ever-increasing number of packages in Ports, just maintaining
> that would take some effort unless I can automate it.

It should be easy enough to take portslist.txt and create the .submodules file
in the superproject.

> But do you really need *all* of Ports git?

No.  But then I don't know what I need yet. I might just as well get it all in
one go rather than get a handful of packages, then finding I need another two or
three...  Especially since I would need to clone each package to another public
hosting repository first to even be able to get it.

Achim.