Re: Rsync stops inmid of synchronisation

OK, so I called "strace -p <ID>" where ID is the pid of a running rsync command. Then I waited until the rsync command timed out due to the unknown problem which I try to encircle.

In short the problem is: two computers with WinXP_pro 32bit and up-to-date Cygwin are connected, and I try to rsync some folders of the first computer to the remote computer. However, after the sender rsynced some thousands of smaller files correctly (respectivly: it checked them without transfering the up-to-date files), it suddently stops to do anything... That's why I've added the "--timeout=30" parameter to the sending rsync, so that my rsync aborts the "offending" folders and the bash script can continue with the following rsync commands.

So now rsync said this:

[sender] io timeout after 30 seconds -- exiting
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(140) [sender=3.0.9]

And the strace log which happened before and during the time-out is attached below. (I cut the middle part of it because it just repeated about 250 times the "_set_errno" & "fstat64" lines.)

Unfortunately the log doesn't say anything to me, but maybe some reader knowing the internas of Cygwin and rsync command in particular, sees more? Thank you very much!

-Richard