Re: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

marco atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi Marco,

Thanks.

> On 3/13/2012 11:10 PM, Ted wrote:
> > I see this error in 3 different products either so I can use them, or develop
> > them.
> > [big snip]
>
> you forgot this point:
> > Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> we have no clue of wich package versions you are running.

OOPS, Actually, I just downloaded ATLAS and gsl a couple days ago, and lapack
yesterday.

I didn't think the problem was specific to either package as both packages are
having the same problem.  Before I upgraded gcc, all my programs except the one
that used gsl ran fine.  Now they all die with the same error.

> Suggestion from my side:
> - assure to have the latest package versions.
>    Eventually try also one one the last cygwin snapshots as there
>    is additional diagnostic for loading dll.
> - rebaseall (from dash shell of course)
> - why you need to compile gsl ? there is already a 1.15-1
>    package for it.

That I didn't know.  I downloaded it and build it.  The first time, before
upgrading gcc, it, and it's tests ran fine.  It was only my test program that
used gsl that crashed.  After upgrading gcc to 4.5.3, everything I compile
crashes.  I wonder if it is something in gcc 4.5.3 that is wrong?

> - Atlas is a nasty beast to compile. Looks on the source package I
> prepared  for 3.68 + lapack-3.4.0
>    http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/atlas/index.html
>    It should make the effort simpler using cygport to build the package
>
> Regards
> Marco

Thanks.  It looks like I first have to fix gcc so that the programs I compile
will run properly, and then I'll try th sourc package you made.

Thanks again

Ted