Re: gitk fails to start after updating cygwin

On 2/24/2012 6:37 PM, Mike Kaganski wrote:
25.02.2012 9:53, Larry Hall (Cygwin) ÐÐÑÐÑ:
On 2/24/2012 5:43 PM, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
My question is: are there enough gitk users who would need/want the
Cygwin xorg-server that it would be worth installing xorg-server by
default when installing gitk, even though some gitk users may not
actually need the Cygwin xorg-server?

I would be for adding Cygiwn's xorg-server as a dependency for any package that needs an X-Server to be generally useful.

Probably xorg-server could be made a conditional dependency (not sure if
cygwin supports these), e.g. triggered by a registry value or env setting,
and it could be enabled by default, while some users could configure it to
tell the installer that they use some external X-Server?

"setup.exe" doesn't support conditional dependencies but for those that would prefer to install/use another X-Server, I'm sure they can figure out how to tell "setup.exe" not to install Cygwin's X-Server. I'm sure the facility you're talking about could be added to "setup.exe" if someone were interested in providing patches to enable this though.

--
Larry