Re: 1.7.10 cygrunsrv.exe fails with "fork: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable"

I want to make sure my solution ends up in the archives for the benefit of other people.

> From: "Corinna Vinschen"
<snip>
> On Feb  9 15:39, Carl Soderstrom wrote:
> > Changing the stack size using regtool (regtool.exe -i set
> > /HKLM/Software/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 2048) has not fixed the
> > problem.
>
> I don't know what the problem is here, but please note the change in
> terms of the heap size in 1.7.10:
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html

Thank you, that was helpful. In the end what seems to have fixed it was to run an ash.exe shell (launched directly from the Start -> Run
dialog), run 'cd /bin;PATH=. rebaseall' in that, then re-launch the Cygwin terminal, run the following commands:

$ peflags --cygwin-heap=1024 /usr/bin/run.exe
$ peflags --cygwin-heap=1024 /usr/bin/cygrunsrv.exe

I do not know if all those steps were necessary, but the programs seem to work correctly now.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator