Re: cygwin > 1.7.9: Segmentation faults / STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW

On Feb 13 10:22, Manuel Wienand wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> thanks for the info about the stack sizes.
>
> >     [...]
> >     pthread_attr_t attr;
> >     pthread_attr_init (&attr);
> >     pthread_attr_setstacksize (&attr, 1024 * 1024);
> >
> >     ret = pthread_create(&threadId, &attr, callGlob, NULL);
> >     [...]
>
> Jep, that works for me.

Apart from that I set the default stack size to 1 Megs.

Thanks for your testcase, btw.

It helped me a lot to understand how Windows handles the stack and the
stack guard pages.  With its help I also found two long-standing
problems in glob().  When I added the glob implementation from FreeBSD,
I made some innocent changes which turned out to waste a lot of stack
space.  And, at the time we had no locale support so I removed it from
the code, so I took the opportunity to add locale support back into the
code.

I'm still testing one of my changes before checking in, but I'm almost
GTG.

Corinna

Red Hat