Re: Documentation on -mno-cygwin Accuracy

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:03:24AM -0600, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>On 02/08/2012 09:49 AM, Jesse Ziser wrote:
>>>
>>> The MinGW cross-compiles are not "barely supported".  They are included
>>> in the distribution precisely so that people can build pure-windows
>>> programs under Cygwin.
>>
>> Oh?  Then I got the wrong impression from the documentation and the
>> mailing list when I was trying to work all that out a few years ago.  I
>> can't find it now, but I could swear there was something about it being
>> "deprecated" or "partially supported" or something.
>
>I think there is a tiny misunderstanding here.  I believe that Jesse was
>talking about the -mno-cygwin option when he spoke of "using a
>barely-supported option".  Chris seems to have misinterpreted that to
>mean that MinGW cross-compilers themselves were claimed to be
>"barely-supported".

I was not misinterpreting.  I was responding to the language.
Instructing someone to go elsewhere when we have a perfectly usable set
of tools which do exactly what's required is wrong.

And, given that this fact has already been made clear in this very
mailing list within the past several days, the advice really didn't make
any sense.

cgf