Re: Opening new cygwin window with arguments

On 2012-01-17, Jon Hughes wrote:
> Gary Johnson <garyjohn <at> spocom.com> writes:
> >     mintty -e tail -f foo &
> >
> > The -e is optional, but I like keeping my mintty commands consistent
> > with those I write for other terminals.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Gary
> >

> This is very close, but I need it to start in ANSI mode
> (--login -i seems to do it in cygwin.bat) so I can color-code
> the tail. Is there any way to open bash with -- login -i or
> some other way of enabling ANSI in the new terminal?

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem.  Color _is_ enabled in
the new terminal.

As an experiment/demonstration, I executed this command in my home
directory which happened to contain a text file, ls.out, in which
the word "out" appeared on a few lines.

    mintty -h a grep --color=always out ls.out

The word "out" was colored in the new terminal just as I would
expect it to be.

What command are you executing that has colored output when executed
at the command line but not when executed as an argument to mintty?

Regards,
Gary