Re: system() not working outside of Cygwin environment

Christopher,

> So, if /bin/sh is not available then system() won't work.

Thank you, that's precisely what I needed (you could just reply "man
system", that would be enough).

> Also note that if you are planning on making a program which is distributed independent of Cygwin

FYI I am installing/porting an open-source app to our Windows cluster.
The app was designed for POSIX systems so I use Cygwin. Our users are
developing programs on their desktops and then submit via web
interface. They all potentially use different versions of Cygwin (and
cygwin1.dll's) so I don't want to install a fixed Cygwin environment
on a cluster. People just provide our job spawner with cygwin1.dll and
executable and then we run exe. In this scenario system() will not
work (because bash is missing). For now I'll work around by replacing
it with brain-dead CreateProcess().

--
Best regards,
Yuri