Re: Issue with 20111222 snapshot

On 7 January 2012 01:21, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 01:57:36PM -0500, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>Sigh... ?it seems to be an issue with the CVS HEAD mksh I'm testing,
>>bash behaves as expected.
>
> You sure it isn't a regression though? ?There has been a lot of work
> in the pipe section of code (which seems to always be the case).

It does actually seem to be a regression.  Testing with mksh 40c and
Cygwin 1.7.9 works as expected, testing with mksh 40c and the 20111222
snapshot breaks.  The interesting thing is that bash works fine, so it
seems to be specific to some interaction between mksh and the
snapshot.

To recreate the issue, using mksh 40c:

$ touch test.out
$ tail -f test.out | grep something
Ctrl+C

The Ctrl+C has no affect.  The only way I can get out of the tail is
to kill it from a separate terminal window.  I've remembered to attach
the cygcheck output this time.

If it would be helpful, I can start testing with different snapshots
to see if I can narrow down which snapshot introduced the issue.
Since this is 100% reproducible using mksh for me, hopefully you'll be
able to recreate the issue.

Thank you,

Chris

--