Re: Fwd: CRLF

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:55:58PM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>On 12/31/11 13:32, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Below please find the response from Thorsten (the mksh developer)
>> regarding CRLF.
>I must say, then why bother with this offbeat mksh? His answers are
>unconvincing ("I keep everything the same no matter what! Even if it's
>better to do it differently"). If you just want a ksh Cygwin's got one.

mksh is "Cygwin's ksh".

I can't really blame someone for not wanting to hack their code to handle
CRLF, especially knowing the ugliness (i.e., lseek()) that needs to go
on in the Cygwin DLL to handle this.  I wish, in retrospect, I hadn't
been talked into having "text mode" there in the first place.

I'm entiredly convinced that it isn't worth the time to retrofit
support for CRLF into something that doesn't already support it given
the existence of easy methods to convert CRLF -> LF.  And, maybe
I'm missing something but it seems like Thorsten even provided an
interesting workaround so it doesn't seem like he's being even a tiny
bit unreasonable.

cgf