Re: GNU Guile 1.8.7 - readline is not provided

I've tried to build Guile 1.8.8 myself. ./configure ran without
noticeable errors and make executed as well, however during the build
there were several warnings like the following:
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive <some-lib>> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when> ...
Where <some-lib> is readline, ltdl, et ceteraâthe ones Guile depends
on. I'm not exactly sure, because I forget to save the log, but there
were similar warnings about shared libraries too. I think Guile's
package maintainer could only compile the exact same way I did ...
sadly.
I know jack about static / shared libraries, so I haven't got the
faintest idea how to solve this. If anyone has a not too painful idea,
please share it. Thanks!