Re: Distributed Git not compiled under Cygwin?

Jeremy Bopp-3 wrote:
> I never had a problem with the native gVim cooperating with Cygwin's Git
> (more accurately file permissions) either.  Can you provide more detail
> about your situation?  How exactly are the permissions broken, and for
> which application(s) are they broken?

Here's what I see:
$ gvim temp
:wq
$ ls -al temp
-rwx------+ 1 Doug None 0 Dec 29 15:21 temp

Expected:
$ touch temp2
$ ls -al temp2
-rw-r--r--+ 1 Doug None 0 Dec 29 15:22 temp2

It isn't a problem that causes a conflict with anything, but if I commit
these files to the repository with their file modes as 0700, other people
that use the repository may have problems with them (not to mention the show
in as green executables in ls). I actually pushed these files to an Apache
webserver for production one time and the entire site was not working for a
bit because of that.