RFE: mintty + trackpoint?

Hi all (esp. Andy),

A recent email on the cygwin/x mailing list pointed out that Lenovo trackpoint scrolling had stopped working in xterm [1]. I didn't know it was there in the first place, but I can just imagine how useful it would be. Any chance of mintty picking up that functionality? Combining mintty's existing handling of mouse scrolling with the trackpoint would be really slick, but I don't know how hard it would be. It's also unclear whether the X11 faq entry about trackpoint is out of date [2], since I've never followed those directions and yet xterm scrolls fine for me.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2011-12/msg00022.html
[2] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-trackpoint

Thoughts?
Ryan