Re: CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.10

I'm having problems with cpan/perl run in an xterm.  I searched the
recent list archives for cpan/perl but found nothing.

Running Windows XP SP3 and this snapshot:

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 LTDENA-REISERT 1.7.10s(0.255/5/3) 20111208 06:50:31 i686 Cygwin

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for i686-cygwin-thread-multi-64int

It's pretty easy to reproduce, in an xterm (Cygwin-X):

1.  start cpan
2.  install a package
3.  when cpan returns to a prompt, start typing another command.  The
X window will ultimately hang (hourglass)

Clicking on the red X in the upper-right of the X terminal kills the
xterm (and Xwin!!!!) but the perl process is still running.  I even
killed only the perl process, and the xterm was still hung.

I tried the same in mintty and there was no hang.

The problem gets stranger:

I ran rebaseall, re-started the X server then created a new xterm.

 I ran cpan, but didn't have the package name to cut/paste, so typed quit.

I changed to the directory with my Perl program.  I typed:

  perl  -v <program.pl>

by mistake.  Then when I tried to recall the last command to edit it
(up-arrow), the xterm hung.  Perl wasn't even running.

I have the .dll and .dbg for this cygwin1 version, how can we go about
debugging the problem?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us