Re: Searching manpages for option codes, e.g. "--all"

On 2011-11-29, carolus wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 5:13 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
>  Man pages were being formatted with some sort of Unicode
> >hyphen or dash character in place of the ASCII hyphen.
>
> Not sure that is the same problem.  What happens if you search for
> --all in man ls? For me, the display looks OK, but the search
> doesn't work.

The display scrolls so that the line

    -a, --all

is at the top of the screen and the string "--a" is highlighted in
reverse video in that line and in the lines

    -A, --almost-all

and

    --author

Typing 'n' scrolls the display so that the "-A, --almost-all" line
is at the top.

Does searching for a string that doesn't include hyphens work?
E.g.,

    /all

Regards,
Gary